First of all, WTF is a Doula right?
By definition, a Doula is a woman, typically without formal obstetric training, who is employed to provide guidance and support to a pregnant woman during labor.
A doula, also known as a birth companion, birth coach, or post-birth supporter, is a non-medical companion who supports a birthing woman by providing continuous care before, during, or after childbirth in the form of information, physical support, and emotional support.
Basically, we are here to rock your birth 🙂
Here are the deets:
Pricing does vary based on specific client needs, so please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on pricing!
Need a scholarship? Please email me directly at email@example.com and I will send you an application.
Need an insurance referral? I work directly with the National Doula Network which covers birth doula services under United Healthcare Medicaid. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL SPECTRUM SERVICES
Full Spectrum Support – EVERYTHING UP AND UNTIL TWO WEEKS AFTER BIRTH. Pricing for full-spectrum support depends on when we begin our work together. Insurance may partially cover your costs, please contact me for details. Due to high demand, I am only able to accept one Full Spectrum client per month.
- Plenty of support for even a first-time mom. Phone, Email, and Text Support from the minute your contract is signed.
- 1-2 Prenatal Visits including an optional visit with your provider.
- Weekly virtual 45 min check-in call from date of hire.
- Includes a one-on-one birth planning session where we discuss your birth plan, special wishes, and how to achieve your best birth ever.
- A list of recommended local resources to better assist you in building an amazing birth and postpartum healing team (i.e. birth classes, birth photographers, chiropractors, and any other info requested. Let me do the busy work for you! Sit back and relax. I have your resources.)
- A partner training session to explain some techniques and tricks to your birth partner to relieve your labor discomfort (can be virtual or in-person)
- Phone and virtual support from the date hired until the “fourth trimester”, aka 3 months postpartum
- Access to the lending library
- All of my specialized client guides with evidence-based information.
- Free access to Werk it Moms events, classes, workshops and courses.
- Free access to the Know Your Birth online course and What the Fem Health Patreon
Prenatal and Postnatal Fitness BIRTH TWERK – cover safe prenatal fitness, core fitness, and pelvic floor fitness. This workout series also includes a Birth & Labor Training class which is a high-intensity labor prep class for moms.
Birth Strategy Session – VIRTUAL OR IN-PERSON BIRTH PLANNING SESSION
Need help getting your birth plan together? Have concerns or wonderings that you feel are holding you back from your best birth? A 60-90 Minute virtual or in-person session for you to get past your fears and plan the birth of your dreams. I will provide a sample birth plan to work from in advance so that we can work through it together and you can ask me questions regarding all things birth so that you know what your options are and feel completely confident in your decisions!
LABOR & BIRTH SERVICES
Birth Doula – BIRTH ONLY – Seasonal only
I now currently only offer birth doula services seasonally for mothers in need giving birth between July 2020 – January 2021 for Medicaid patients only. Services include one prenatal and one postpartum visits, bi-weekly virtual support, and one in-person meetup per month. This package also includes Doula service during labor and birth. It will also the 1-hour New Mama starter and support session (virtual) for parents and baby. I typically accept only 1 birth per month and it is subject to availability so please book early and have your insurance approved!
ONLINE BIRTH COURSES – Know Your Birth
If you cannot afford a Birth Doula or your insurance does not cover Doula services, this is a great alternative. This in-depth birth and childcare course will prep you for labor, birth and postpartum. With detailed videos, worksheets, and guest lectures for maternal health industry experts, this is a great course for anyone looking to have an empowered and informed birth experience. Coming in June 2020. Click here for more details!
A Postpartum Doula is one of the best gifts you can ever give to a new mother. Receive help with newborn care, c-section recovery, natural birth recovery, breastfeeding, sleep scheduling and everything in between.
4th Trimester Support – Newborn care, Lactation Support, Mom Care, Postpartum Fitness, Postpartum Healing Meal Plan, Mama Chat
Postpartum Doula Hourly service (4-hour minimum, 6-hour maximum for day, 8-hour minimum/10-hour maximum for nights).
Daily rate is slightly lower, and is offered for work within the hours of 10am-5pm
Evening/Night rate is higher and is offered for work within the hours of 5pm-7am
In-house consultations are available starting $75/hour within my service area ONLY. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
*Postpartum services are subject to availability and must be booked at least one week in advance.
Yoni Steam Session – Newborn care, Lactation Support, Mom Care
What is vaginal steaming? Vaginal steaming aka Yoni Steaming is an age-old natural remedy that uses hot steam natural herbal treatment that helps clean uterus, reduces heavy periods, and promotes fertility. Yoni steaming is most commonly known for its ability to severely ease period cramps and bloating.
Learn more about Yoni Steaming here.
What is placenta encapsulation? Placenta encapsulation is the practice of ingesting the placenta after it has been dehydrated, ground, and placed into capsules and can also be made into a tincture. Traditionally, this is taken by the mother and is believed to impart numerous health benefits.
It’s believed consuming the placenta can:
- Help to balance your hormones and reduce postpartum depression
- Replenish depleted iron levels
- Assist the uterus to return to its pre-pregnancy state
- Reduce postpartum bleeding
- Increase milk production
- Make for a happier, more enjoyable post-natal period Increase your energy levels
YONI STEAMING (VAGINAL STEAMING)
Vaginal Steaming aka Yoni Steaming is an ancient practice that women across the world developed for the purpose of postpartum care and treating gynecological concerns. This universal practice does not any one clear place of origin.
WHAT IS VAGINAL STEAMING USED FOR?
- Most commonly, vaginal steaming is used by midwives or doulas for postpartum care right after a woman has a baby.
- Vaginal steaming is also used as a hygienic post-period practice to get any left-over blood out of the vaginal tract once the period is over.
- Lastly, vaginal steaming is used to treat gynecological problems. Cramps, trouble conceiving, infections, fibroids, cysts, dryness and sometimes even fertility issues…vaginal steaming helps to naturally get rid of the problem.
- From the first period to post-menopause, it is an important tool for self-care.
BEFORE VAGINAL STEAMING YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INTAKE FORM BY CLICKING HERE.
As a Certified Breastfeeding Educator, I am able to assist with the initial latch immediately after birth, instruct, educate, and dispel myths about the basics of breastfeeding, recognize, troubleshoot and assist with common issues, and help support the breastfeeding mother through her entire breastfeeding season with her child.
BREASTFEEDING CONSULTATIONS ARE $150 FLAT FEE FOR UP TO 120 MINUTES IN YOUR OWN HOME. SLIDING SCALE AVAILABLE. SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
I am available for private in-home consultations. A breastfeeding visit includes a visit with myself for at least 90 minutes to offer education and guidance, help you build a breastfeeding and pumping routine, and create a care plan if breastfeeding isn’t going the way you envisioned.
If for some reason there is an issue that requires more advanced assistance, a referral to a local IBCLC or Tongue/Lip Tie Specialist will be arranged.
If you qualify for WIC services, request an IBCLC. If you are in Florida, I can submit a referral to Healthy Start for free lactation services if you meet the requirements. Although most breastfeeding helpers at WIC are Breastfeeding Peer Counselors, some local WIC offices do employ an IBCLC. (If you have difficulty finding an IBCLC through WIC, contact me directly via email@example.com for more information.)
DINNER BY A DOULA
DINNER (WITH LEFTOVERS!) AND 2 HOURS OF SUPPORT (Wihtin the first 4 weeks postpartum only)
Another excellent gift for new moms! I bring a 3 large organic, meatless meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with leftovers!), plus healthy snacks and herbal drinks. These meals are specifically designed to help the mother heal faster and produce more milk during your early postpartum period. I will bring the food and take care of your new arrival while you eat! I can also answer any postpartum including breastfeeding questions, setting up a nursery or other room with you, answering any and all questions any of the family may have and refer you to local resources for those I cannot answer. The night ends with a clean kitchen courtesy of me! Cost of food is not included. Please let me know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.
Nicky runs a personal resource blog, What the Fem Health tier . You can join anytime for monthly content, livestream Q&A’s, giveaways, early access and more!